Monday, July 8, 2013

Bathroom counter into sewing table with chalk board

My husband made a great find the other day at a rummage sale. It was a  bathroom counter and what looked to be a cabinet but when you pulled open the door it was a old wooden hamper. Perfect for storing bolts of fabric!!!


We have spent the last couple of days transforming it. 

 
 Here it is not much to look at...
My husband and C helped me scrub it down and sand it. 



We tore out the yucky shelf paper and sanded it and gave it a fresh coat of paint. 




The rummage sale also had an old shelf we decided to paint,to go with it. C helped daddy get the shelf in.
She thinks the leveler is amazing. 
As always she enjoyed helping daddy. What kid doesn't like to use "big people tools"?






Here it is in the space. C likes the chalk board although it will buy me no extra sewing time. :/ she just randomly scribbles on it. I think I like more than her.


 
                    
                                   This is my old sewing space cute but much more cramped.
 
The storage space is so much better than my last set up.

 

Sew that's it! I'm thrilled with it but the rest of my house is a neglected MESS!! Time to focus on the other rooms :(
 
 
 
Check out my etsy


 

and don't forget to HELP ME OUT hit the Top mommy button at the top right hand of the screen! That is all you have to do and it gives me a vote!















No comments:

Post a Comment