Friday, June 28, 2013

Firefly candle holder

Staying with the camping theme today and making a firefly candle holder.

I think one of Cs favorite part's of the other night was catching fireflies. Well her older cousin caught them and she got to hold the little baby food jar with the fireflies in them. So I got to thinking and searching the web and I came up with this.


Supplies-

  • baby food jar or clear votive

  • Elmer's glue

  • food color 

  • yellow and black paint

  • a candle to put in it. (A flameless candle would have been great but I didn't have one)

 

 

We started by pouring a little glue and adding a drop of food color in it (warning this will wash off so try not to get it wet or use some kind of seal that can handle heat and is not flammable of course) 

 

 We then painted it on

   

   

I'm impatient so we used the blow dryer

 

C put yellow finger prints for the fireflies


The funny part was her singing me happy Biiirrrfffday over and over again and blowing out the candle.


Happy crafting.   


No comments:

Post a Comment