Thursday, May 30, 2013

Recycled Birdhouse craft

 

We found some great crafts while looking at www.Nickjr.com
Personally I love to re purpose items. Free materials are a great thing for anybody but especially great when working with preschoolers who destroy as much as they create ... its all part of the creative process don't you know ;)
 
 
 

Materials:

 

  1. Toilet paper rolls
  2. glue or glue gun
  3. scissors
  4. paper
  5. paint
 
First we rolled the rolls in the paint
 

 
 
 
 
I had C trace the bottom of a large candle and let her practice some cutting. This project has a few nice opportunity's to practice your preschoolers emerging motor skills.
 
 
That's it we cut a slit half way down the middle and I let her help me tape it after I folded it over. I used the hot glue gun to glue them together. She was very proud of her work :)
 
Here is the link they call it the Wonder pets Recycled birdhouse and the tut is a little different this this.
 
Enjoy
 
 
 
Please visit my Etsy
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment