Sunday, May 12, 2013

 
 
Diy  Dress Form

 
 
This is in no way a true dress form to use to get accurate measurements. This
tutorial is for a fast easy "dress form" to use for display or for pictures. If you are looking for a dress form tutorial to use with your own measurements this link has some great options. I was just looking to make something more 3 dimensional than a hanger to photograph the things I sew and something less Wiggly and my 2 year old.
 


First I made up my pattern paper. I just free handed it but if you want exact measurements let me know. I used old shipping paper that I save to use for making my own patterns or copying them. It is sturdy and it works nice and the best part... Its free!!!I used some fleece from the scrap bin at the store but you could get fancy with it and make it out of something really pretty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I cut out a front and a back to the pattern. It's nice to have a rotary cutter but not necessary.

 
 
Sew it the front to the back. Leave a opening at the bottom in the middle large enough to push the top of a bottle through. The size of the hole really depends on the bottle. You want it to be tight because it will stretch over time but you can always come back and put a few extra stitches in it if need be. This part wont show once she is dressed. trim down edges and turn.



 
 
 
I used some stuffing and this you can play around with a bit as well. It will take some finagling to get it to set up how you like it. You don't want to over stuff it or it wont stand up on the bottle right. You can also stuff a stick inside it and the bottle to give it more stability.



And that's pretty much it. Fill the bottle with pretty water beads you can at as much or as little to the project as you want.


 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment